header-photo

A post that is not sent in by text message

Hello!

I've made it to Hanksville, UT; about 996 miles. Tomorrow, I'll break a thousand. Today, I ended up going about 17 miles further than I'd planned. I was originally going to stop in Cainesville, but when I reached that spot, the town wasn't there. Apparently, the town of Cainesville is actually the Cainesville hotel. Fortunately, I was still feeling strong, so I pedaled on to the next town. It seems that the further I go (over two weeks now) the easier it gets. I guess my body is adjusting to cycling all day. When I get home, my body will have to adjust again, probably to sitting on the couch all day. Maybe.

Whenever I have the chance to check my emails and blog comments I always find a lot of messages from people supporting me. Thank you so much. I might be able to have done this trip without everyone behind me, but I definitely wouldn't want to. It really means a lot.

I'm planning for tomorrow to be my longest day yet, ending in the Natural Bridges National Park. There are a ton of National Parks out here. Someday, I'd like to take the time to properly visit them all.

Thanks again! And, for those who know them, Annie and Amanda begin their missions today/tomorrow. Remember to pray for them.

4 comments:

jana p said...

"Life's a fight. It's a good fight of faith. I encourage people to stay up, stay hopeful, stay faith filled." quote by joel osteen. love ya jana

Sarah said...

You're awesome! When I looked up Hanksville online, it said, "What to do in Hanksville? The opportunities are endless!" lol. :) Sarah

Katie P said...

Andy!
I love your blog and I'm so glad that you're doing so well! We missed you at all of the PE graduation festivities over the weekend! Enjoy the West and all of the national parks! They're really gorgeous!
Katie

jana p said...

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do." love ya jana

Post a Comment