header-photo

Another post so soon?

Today, I made it to Monticello, UT. Yesterday was my longest day so far - 100 miles. It was hot and it was dry and it was largely uphill. You could say it was kind of a tough day. Fortunately, there was one place where I could stock up on water and soak my clothes at the 50 mile point. It was good to have a refreshing stop. When I started out in the morning, I wasn't expecting to have to go so far. I ended up riding about an hour after dark. The only good thing about that was that it cooled off a lot. Thankfully, I had my lights and there were very few cars. I finally made it to Natural Bridges National Monument and rolled my sleeping bag out behind the visitor's center.

Today was much shorter (60 miles), but still hot, dry, and uphill. Dad tells me that it's going to cool off in the next few days. I am pleased to hear that. The towns are a little closer together, too, which makes it easier to find a place to stop for the night or get a good meal.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the support.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been following you on the satellite map and can tell that you have been traveling through some fantastic scenery. Not anything like Prince Edward County! You must be really getting in shape to do 100 miles with a lot of uphill. Hang in there, you'll get to a lot of downhill one of these days.

Virginia Patriot said...

It looks like you might get on US 160. If so, will you go through Wolf Creek Pass? You might remember the C. W. McCall song about Wolf Creek Pass. Here are some of the lyrics: "If you don't apply some brake real soon, they're gonna have to pick us up with a stick and a spoon" and "Sign says clearance to the twelve-foot line, but the chickens was stacked to thirteen-nine" and "we took that top row of chickens off slicker than scum off a Lousiana swamp." Pretty funny song, but be careful. It's quite a ride. Maybe you won't go through Wolf Creek Pass.

Unknown said...

Andy,
You are almost to Mesa Verde Nat. Park. There is a nice road through there if you have time to make a side trip. We camped at a campground to the west of Durango when we were out that way.
Cindy Koether

Unknown said...

Andrew,I enjoy Following you each day.You are just awesome!!Keep safe.Tommy Mason

Abbey O'Connor said...

Andy,

Just remember Rocky when the going gets tough:

Trying hard now
It's so hard now
Trying hard now

Getting strong now
Won't be long now
Getting strong now

Gonna fly now
Flying high now
Gonna fly, fly, fly

We are all pumped by what you're doing and can't wait to see you and hear all about it in person!

jana p said...

"I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." your doing great andrew, keeping you in my prayers daily. love you jana

jana p said...

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." your strength is amazing to me. love you and praying for you daily. jana

Post a Comment