header-photo

From Farmington, MO

Well, the dry heat out West was definitely nicer than this humidity. I wake up wet and stay that way all day. Could be worse.

I wrote the other day that Subway has a good deal. If you want a really good deal, go to Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet. All you can eat pizza, salad, breadsticks, and dessert, plus a drink, for less than $10. I will continue to keep a sharp eye out for Pizza Hut in the future.

The other day, I was riding when a passing pick-up truck rolled down his window to talk. At first, I couldn't hear what he said, so I asked "What was that?" He replied: "Do you want to die or are you trying to get us killed? We've had several accidents out here because of you fellas and we don't like it." While he was talking, not only was he passing me over a solid yellow line, he was driving down the wrong side of the road, looking at me, not where he was going. I thought about mentioning that maybe there were accidents because of careless drivers, not cyclists. However, I simply said "I'm sorry" and he drove off. It was an interesting experience.

The night I stayed in Hartville, MO, I went to eat at a little family diner. While I was sitting at my booth, I talked a little with the lady at the next table. After eating, I went to pay, only to discover that that lady had paid for my meal. What a wonderful person. It's amazing when God blesses you in ways you aren't expecting.

Tonight should be my last night in Missouri. I'm staying in a nice hostel here (certainly nicer than the ones in San Francisco); it's very clean. There's a group of about 7 guys here, also headed east. They're riding to support the Alzheimer's foundation. They're cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment