header-photo

My day off

Today has gone well. I got some groceries, which is always exciting. Maybe when I get home, I'll start going grocery shopping with Mom more often. I also got my bike tuned up. They replaced my rear tire. When they showed me the old me, I was really surprised to see how worn out it was. The guy said it might be because of the way I hold my feet while braking.

The zoo was great. I love the zoo, but I hadn't been in years. It was small, but very nice. Judging from all the signs I saw, they do a good job with conservation and education. I was thrilled to see that. I think zoos are a really important tool for conservation, but I can't help but feel a little sad when I see some of the animals in cages. I was looking at the lions and remembering the lions I saw roaming free in Kenya last summer. However, the work zoos do is good work.

That's about all for today. It's been a nice change of pace; very relaxing. I hope everyone is still doing well. I'm thinking about all of you. And Philip leaves tomorrow, so remember him.

2 comments:

jana p said...

"If you're going through hell, keep going." thought this quote was a good laugh for what you just went through with the mountains. praying for you daily. love ya jana

boborvicki said...

Andrew, we enjoy reading your site. Stay strong. Wow! What a lot of stories you'll have to tell when you get home. We're planning on picking you up when you get to Bardstown, KY. Be thinking about what you want to eat.

Post a Comment