header-photo

Now, I'm in Missouri!

Now, I'm in Missouri! The good news is that I haven't had any more tire trouble. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that is all behind me. The humidity is starting to rise now, and the heat is becoming intense. Thankfully, I don't have to fight the wind as much now. Yesterday was a 108 mile day, but today I'm only planning on about 80-some miles.

I met some cool people at the park I was camped at last night. They were a retired couple doing the Trans-America route from Oregon to Yorktown. Keith would bike while his wife supported him with a camper. Sometimes, I feel like that would be the way to do this thing. He and I rode together for 50 miles this morning, which was fun. When we reached Golden City, they invited me to join them for lunch. They are great people. I probably won't see them again, but who knows? Maybe we'll run into each other down the road.

I had to pick up some groceries this morning. While I was in the store, I decided to also get a dozen glazed sour cream cake donuts. But, I didn't eat them all. Only nine. They were good. Sometimes, I wonder how many calories I'm burning, because I am definitely able to eat more now. As far as I can tell, I have neither lost nor gained weight.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It must be very rewarding to watch those miles-to-go get fewer and fewer. Did you get to sleep in the RV with the retired couple? What a wimp I am, but the possibility of a real mattress and air conditioning after a long day biking sounds wonderful. The humidity and temp in KY is terrible right now.

Post a Comment