header-photo

Here I am in Fallon, Nevada

I'm in Fallon Nevada. From here on out, things should be better. Last night, I stayed at Faith Baptist Church in Silver Springs. Everyone there was very friendly. I attended a Wednesday night church service, which was really nice.

Last night I got lonely for a few minutes. It was the first time of the trip. I'd kind of been wondering when (or if) that would happen. It turns out it takes me a week to get lonely when separated from family and friends. Maybe less time if I don't have phone access, maybe more time if the conditions are less trying. I suppose further experimentation will be required.

This morning, I stopped at Mustache Mikes cafe for breakfast (Mike was a member of the church I stayed at) at he didn't charge me! And, it was really good food, too. I got to Fallon around lunchtime and decided to stop by the ATM to get some cash. Unfortunately, I put in the wrong PIN and the machine said it was "holding my card for security reasons". I went inside and the bank people told me that meant it had shredded my card. That was something of a disappointment, but at least I still have a credit card.

Tonight, I hope to make it to Middlegate. The weather could be a little iffy for the next day or so, thunderstorms and hail. I really hope to avoid getting caught in that.

Thanks again for all the support.

4 comments:

VUGAT said...

FYI, ATM machines don't shred cards - they just hold them until you show proper ID to get it back...I wonder why they told you that?

Hope your trip continues to be amazing!

Beth

Unknown said...

so this little cross country excursion is really just a series of bank heists, huh?

enjoying the blog. keep up the great work. look forward to seeing you later in the summer when you are back and elizabeth and i are in farmville.

keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

Andrew, if you have access to this message, phone home. Friend of Sarah's Sunday School teacher has a room lined up for you Sunday PM at the Ramada Copper Queen motel in Ely. Hope all is well with you. If no cell service, please use a pay phone or hit the "custom message" twice in the PM when you stop for the night. Love, dad

boborvicki said...

Andrew, Hope you have a great trip. We think we signed up for email updates. We will be following your blog and praying for you. When you get closer to us let us know your plans. Uncle Bob

Hey Andrew, Uncle Bob and I are in Gatlinburg, TN. We took inspiration from you and decided to bike there instead of driving. Went 3 miles the first day, 5 the next. Decided to go ahead and drive! Take care and WATCH THOSE CARS. Love, Aunt Vic

Post a Comment