header-photo

Before Leaving

I'm leaving this afternoon. I fly out of Richmond at 4-ish, have an hour layover in Charlotte, NC, then fly to San Francisco (6 hours). I will arrive at about 9:00 pm, local time.

I packed all my stuff up last night. There was an almost-crisis when I realized the box I had to put the bike in was too big by three inches. The airport wouldn't take it as checked luggage, but one guy said I could take it as cargo. However, the cargo lady told me I couldn't carry cargo. Dad and I ended up cutting the box down to size, so now it should (just barely) pass. Fitting the bike inside the box was another ordeal in and of itself. The bike has now been almost completely disassembled. I'm going to find a bike shop to re-assemble it, to save myself from my own mechanical abilities.

When I arrive tonight, I'll head to a hostel. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly and as planned. Thanks for all the support and prayers.

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment