header-photo

I'll be back in VA soon

Right now, I'm in the library in Boonville, KY. After finishing up an excellent family visit, I was dropped off in Bardstown on Tuesday. I had a short day, 45 miles, because the only other option was a 90 mile day. This gave me a more relaxed morning at Aunt Vicki and Uncle Bob's as well as giving me a chance to ease back into riding after sitting around eating for several days.

Yesterday, I passed through Berea. It seemed like a really nice little town. I had my lunch at the Boone Tavern, It was expensive, and I think my burger had been frozen, but the spoon bread was good. I stopped in McKee last night. I went by McKee Baptist Church and they offered to put me up in the hotel, but there were no vacancies. Instead, I stayed in the youth house. I had a shower and AC and the church didn't have to pay anything. A win for everybody.

I'm really looking forward to getting home. The sooner the better, in my opinion.

3 comments:

jana p said...

"The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary." it was so nice to visit with you cuz. love ya and praying for you daily

Unknown said...

Andrew, so glad for you that you are so close. Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz was right - there's no place like home. Be careful - stay safe. Aunt Vicki

Virginia Patriot said...

Howdy, Andrew,

You rode right past Mt. Rogers and Whitetop Mtn. yesterday and you crossed the Appalachian Trail. Remember them from the hike in '08? I bet that was a fun ride after crossing the KY/VA state line at The Breaks Park. It's hard to believe you are so close to home!

I know you are tired, but don't quit now. ;)

P.S.: Even if you don't want to, please bring some rain with you.

Post a Comment